Sunday, April 10, 2011

No-make-up and a review of a Millets Jacket



What a week it has been. I have been setting myself some goals as of late and one of those (very big goal to me) is to give up the make-up/cosmetics (apart from a coat of mascara) as I have been getting tons of blemishes on my skin and I wondered whether it could be due to the foundation. One week later after giving up the foundation and my skin is looking so much better. I was soooooo self-conscious when I first stepped out of the house at first and was convinced that other people would look at me differently, but guess what after all these years of feeling ugly without my make-up no one batted an eyelid and more importantly I felt so much healthier. I could feel fresh air on my skin and it felt like my skin was actually able to breathe. I now don't have to spend all that wasted time in the morning applying then re-applying and then all the removal at night and the disheartening feeling when you realise that more spots have appeared. I just can't describe how liberating it feels... I finally feel that people are accepting me for me. I know people reading this are going to be split in to two camps; they are either going to think I'm nuts, or be able to relate to me totally. And I would recommend to anyone who is having skin problems, give up the foundation for a week and see what happens.

Anyway, part of this post is a review and you might wonder how a jacket plays a part in this post. Here's how.....

As I am no longer relying on synthetic things to cover my face, I figured that I now needed to work on other things to make my skin glow with health. And apart from drinking lots of water I have been trying to do a lot of walking. To try and improve my blood circulation so that my skin has the best conditions to heal. So with the variation in weather we have been having lately I was only too glad to test out a weatherproof jacket from Millets when a PR asked me.

Here's the gorgeous jacket:
Just to set the scene..... The day I tested this jacket it out there was a really chilly wind and it was hammering it down with rain. After a long walk around the local nature reserve I proceeded to pick my son up from school and all the mums down there were complaining how cold they were. I felt almost smug as I was ultra-comfortable in this jacket. Not hot like some jackets make you, but almost the perfect temperature because despite keeping the heat in I felt as though it was allowing my skin to breathe. The fit was fantastic and whilst following the curves of the body shape allowed adequate space for you to be able to have space to move around in.

Here's the description from the website:

Don't like getting wet? Not keen when the gales are blowing? No problem. Just pull on the Peter Storm Women's Highlight Jacket and battle through it all comfortably. Thanks to the Highlight's feather light construction of polyester, mesh and taffeta, it won't weigh you down and is super portable too meaning you can just shove it in your daysack.

A hood which packs down into its own collar provides adaptability whatever the weather whilst two spacious hand pockets and a specific map pocket give you room to stow your gear.

Since the jacket's entirely waterproof and wind-resistant, it's ideal for every outdoors pursuit under the sun and the daily commute too.

There are a number of reasons why I love this jacket:

  • When I think of weather-proof jackets I tend to think of an unattractive jacket. Millet's own brand Peter Storm is working hard to dispel this myth for me as I have had a number of items from this range which have been anything but ugly. The designs are attractive and modern. I loved the combination of colours used in this jacket as they worked well to slimline the body shape and the drawstring at the waist allowed the jacket to be nicely fitted
  • The fact that the jacket was so light was great because when all of a sudden the sun comes out if you want to take the jacket off you aren't wearing something heavy to carry around and it fold so small that it is great for storing underneath a buggy.
  • The jacket makes a great alternative to an umbrella (an umbrella which I might add is impossible for me to hold whilst pushing a pushchair).
  • The Map pocket inside is great for keeping your mobile phone safe or anything related to our new hobby of geocaching.
  • Around the neck and throat you can pull the coat quite high which is great if you want to keep super warm, if not then just fold it down.
  • Very reasonably priced at £59.99 for such a great quality jacket. Plus, if you buy it now it is on offer on their website at £44.99.
As I've said before Millet's own brand Peter Storm is producing some fantastic ranges of clothes at the moment so keep your eyes peeled.

For more info please visit www.millets.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment